WWSR Ty Nant & DARREN CLARKSON-KING Collaboration
Safety is no Accident
COVID - 19 Adapted Courses
Flexible courses- In Light of the current UK situation, we are offering our courses in a flexible way. Courses are permitted depending on current restrictions both for customers and course venues.
- We are setting dates, that may have to change.
- Keeping our destination venues flexible, setting them at last minute when we know where is permitted
- If we or you can not make the course on a given date we will reschedule.
- Where possible any close contact rescue practice or assessment are preferred to be with people from single households or adapted to minimise risk
- Any risk is mitigated with Risk assessments and guidance from our Governing body.
- Classroom and in-depth debrief time is substituted with online seminars before and after a course.
- Vehicle shuttles are minimised following best practice and Guidance.
- All our equipment has a strict cleaning process between use.
A unique opportunity to gain your British Canoeing WWSR alongside the world renowned Adventure paddler Darren Clarkson- King.
If you don't know him find out more here:
We have two dates planned for the coming season ( more may come)
19-20 December 2020
Book Now through the blue button.
This intense two-day course prepares a participant for rescue scenarios in a whitewater environment, be it in a kayak or canoe. In addition, to the course, we will be chatting about this application of these protocols in an expedition context with Darren. one not to be missed.
In the two day course, you will work on your awareness of safety, practice some personal survival techniques and learn effective throwline, boat rescue and live bate techniques.
This is a practical course with as much time as possible spent in the river environment.
If you would like to learn more about the course Syllabus please follow this link.
Due to the nature of the course having good quality canoe clothing is strongly advised, the course costs do not include equipment hire, however, if you need something please get in touch. We have drysuits available to hire £45 for the weekend..
Below is a recommended kit list, if you have anything please bring it along but we have everything needed available, you will learn on the course the advantages of equipment and which ones are best suited to you.
• Personal Kayaking clothing - especially footwear suitable for scrambling around banks.
• Throwline – Floating high visibility rope, minimum length 15m, minimum diameter 8mm.
• River Knife – sharp, safely stowed but easily accessible single-handed.
• 2 to 3 Karabiners – Locking HMS pear shaped anodised alloy karabiners.
• An un-knotted 3 – 5m length of climbers tape webbing
• Buoyancy Aid with quick release chest harness
• Kayak / canoe