WWSR Ty Nant & DARREN CLARKSON-KING Collaboration
Safety is no Accident
A unique opportunity to gain your British Canoeing WWSR alongside the world renowned Adventure paddler Darren Clarkson- King.
If you don't know him find out more here:
We have two dates planned for the coming season ( more may come)
14-15 December 2019
18-19 January 2020
Book Now through the blue button.
This intense two day course prepares a participant for rescue scenarios in a whitewater environment, be it in a kayak or canoe. In addition tothe course we will be chatting about thise applcation of these protocals in a expedition context with Darren. one not to be missed.
In the two day course you will work on your awareness of safety, practice some personal survival techniques and learn effective throwline, boat rescue and live bate techniques.
This is a practical course with as much time as possible spent in the river environment.
If you would like to learn more about the course Syllabus please follow this link.
Due to the nature of the course having good quality canoe clothing is strongly advised, the course costs do not include equipment hire, however, if you need something please get in touch. We have drysuits available to hire £45 for the weekend..
Below is a recommended kit list, if you have anything please bring it along but we have everything needed available, you will learn on the course the advantages of equipment and which ones are best suited to you.
• Personal Kayaking clothing - especially footwear suitable for scrambling around banks.
• Throwline – Floating high visibility rope, minimum length 15m, minimum diameter 8mm.
• River Knife – sharp, safely stowed but easily accessible single-handed.
• 2 to 3 Karabiners – Locking HMS pear shaped anodised alloy karabiners.
• An un-knotted 3 – 5m length of climbers tape webbing
• Buoyancy Aid with quick release chest harness
• Kayak / canoe