British Canoeing Paddlesports Instructor
COVID - 19 Adapted Courses
Flexible courses- In Light of the current UK situation, we are offering our courses in a flexible way. Courses are permitted depending on current restrictions both for customers and course venues.
- We are setting dates, that may have to change.
- We are using Online seminars to on the week before a course and days following for meet and greats, classroom time and debriefs.
- Keeping our destination venues flexible, setting them at last minute when we know where is permitted
- If we or you can not make the course on a given date we will reschedule.
- Where possible any close contact rescue practice or assessment are preferred to be with people from single households or adapted to minimise risk
- Any risk is mitigated with Risk assessments and guidance from our Governing body.
- Vehicle shuttles are minimised following best practice and Guidance.
- All our equipment has a strict cleaning process between use.
British Canoeing - Paddlesports Instructor Course
The Perfect Instructor course for people running fun starter sessions for Canoes, paddleboards, Kayaks and Sit on Top kayaks
A great fun course for teaching people through games, exciting challenges and effective journies.
Learn from people who are also running these sort of sessions on a weekly basis. All of our courses are run by industry-leading professionals with years of experience coaching in all disciplines. We will make this course fun and enlightening allowing you to leave with fresh ideas and almost certainly improved skill sets at the same time. BOOK NOW
The intro level instructor course in the British Canoeing system. An action-packed course mostly on the water run over 2 days including assessment. This has replaced the UKCC level, 1 coach.
Run in an informative, informal, sharing and friendly way.
The role of a Paddlesports Instructor is to provide quality starter and taster sessions on Very Sheltered water. They are the key to the success of paddlesports as the seed is sown on these first moments.
The Paddlesports Instructor qualification is an ideal for individuals who are part of Clubs, Activity Centre staff and group leaders offering Starter and Taster sessions on Very Sheltered Water. This Award is geared to candidates who can work independently to help learners improve with an enthesis on 'Going paddling' and Playing Games' while learning by Doing with practical and simple Instruction.
Assessed in a specific craft running multi-craft sessions.
- Kayak (closed or open Cockpit)
- Sit on Top Kayaks
- Tandem open canoe
- Stand Up Paddleboard
This will set you up to improve your skills in coaching through the guidance of your deployer or employer and more experienced coaches.
- Full Home Nation Membership.
- Home Nation Pre-registration
- Be at least 14 years old on the first day of the course
- Personal Paddling and Rescue Competence (see the course guide for more information)
- Foundation Safety and Rescue Training (FSRT)
In addition to this course, you can also complete the Paddlesports Instructor E-learning before you come found here: https://www.britishcanoeingawarding.org.uk/paddlesport-instructor-elearning/
This course can be run from several different locations -Our favourite places to run them are On Llangollen Canal, from Glan Llyn, in Bala or Snowdonia Watersports in Llanberis. .
We often travel to run this course for groups at your suitable venues.
Once completed a natural progression could be:
- Coach Award to be able to run more structured coaching sessions in Sheltered Water
- Paddlesports Leader Award to extend your remit onto sheltered waters.