Whitewater Kayak Leader Training
The New British Canoeing Whitewater Kayak Leader Training.
New for January 2021- the WW leader course has been revamped to a more modern version in line with client needs and wants. This training course is not a prerequisite for assessment however is fully recommended to understand and orientate.
Our renowned courses are run by some of the leading course providers in the country.
We tailor the course specific to your needs and ensure that you will have a learning and enjoyable experience above and beyond your expectations. After leaving this course it will clear as to what you need to achieve the WW leader award with an action plan leading you to assessment.
This Whitewater Kayak Leader training course spends two action-packed days on moderate water working through leadership procedures and control along with personal skills and techniques training on class two and three water.
We can also run tailored courses on a number of days/modules for groups.
A great course for those wanting to move up the coaching and leadership spectrum or just to learn a bit about safer paddling and group control whilst improving your skills.
This two-day training course prepares the candidate for the Whitewater Kayak Leader assessment. Incorporating all elements of the assessment syllabus
For more information about this course including Syllabus and registration please click here to the British Canoeing website: White Water Kayak Leader
Candidates for this course will develop their skills in preparation for the assessment to include
- Effective and appropriate manoeuvring in class 2 and 3 water.
- Understanding of a variety of safety and leadership skills.
- Equipment needs and standards
- Rescue skills
- Incident management.
- Other general river awareness skills and responsibilities.
COVID - 19 Adapted Courses
Flexible courses- In Light of the current UK situation, we are offering our courses in a flexible way. Courses are permitted depending on current restrictions both for customers and course venues.
- We are setting dates, that may have to change.
- Keeping our destination venues flexible, setting them at last minute when we know where is permitted
- If we or you can not make the course on a given date we will reschedule.
- Where possible any close contact rescue practice or assessment are preferred to be with people from single households or adapted to minimise risk
- Any risk is mitigated with Risk assessments and guidance from our Governing body.
- Vehicle shuttles are minimised following best practice and Guidance.
- All our equipment has a strict cleaning process between use.