The New Whitewater Kayak Leader Assessment
COVID - 19 Adapted Courses
Flexible courses- In Light of the current UK situation, we are offering our courses in a flexible way. Courses are permitted depending on current restrictions both for customers and course venues.
- We are setting dates, that may have to change.
- Keeping our destination venues flexible, setting them at last minute when we know where is permitted
- If we or you can not make the course on a given date we will reschedule.
- Where possible any close contact rescue practice or assessment are preferred to be with people from single households or adapted to minimise risk
- Any risk is mitigated with Risk assessments and guidance from our Governing body.
- Vehicle shuttles are minimised following best practice and Guidance.
- All our equipment has a strict cleaning process between use.
The new for 2021-
Whitewater Kayak Leader Assessment
The British Canoeing Whitewater Kayak leader course is included in the new revamped leader courses for 2021.
Our renowned courses are run by some of the leading course providers in the country.
This one day assessment is run in a way that a candidate will learn and build on the knowledge they already hold in a Class 2 (3) whitewater river environments. With low assessor to candidate ratio (1:1 or 1:2) an assment is personal allowing more time for a candidate to shine on the water. We tailor the course specific to the needs of the candidate. group. We try our upmost to make our assessments as stress free, fare, enjoyable and enlightening experience as possible.
The Whitewater Kayak Leader Assessment course spends 1 day on moderate water giving a candidate every opportunity in a fair and enjoyable way to show themselves to be effective leaders, able to paddle class three water confidently and are competent whitewater rescue technicians.
Assessment criteria include:
- Effective and appropriate manoeuvring and rolling on class 2 and 3 water.
- Understanding of a variety of safety and leadership skills for class 2 water.
- Equipment needs and standards
- Rescue skills
- Incident management and 1st aid in a moderate water environment.
- Other general river awareness skills and responsibilities.
Please see more information and how to register for assessment through the British Canoeing website: White Water Kayak Leader