Open Canoe Leader Training
The British Canoeing Moderate Water Open canoe training
course(previously 4- star) spends two action-packed days on moderate water working through Leadership procedures and control along with Personal skills and techniques training on class two and three water rivers and open moderate water.
We only use the most reputable of providers in the UK ensuring you that you will complete this course having received quality and friendly coaching with an action plan to take you forward.
A great course for those wanting to move up the coaching and leadership spectrum or just to learn a bit about safer paddling and group control while improving your skills.
This two-day training course prepares the candidate for the Open Canoe leader assessment. Incorporating all elements of the assessment syllabus
Candidates for this course will develop their skills in preparation for the assessment to include:
- Effective and appropriate manoeuvring on class 2 and 3 water along with Open water
- Understanding of a variety of safety and leadership skills for class 2 water.
- Equipment needs and standards
- Rescue skills
- Incident management and 1st aid in a moderate water environment.
- Other general river awareness skills and responsibilities.