Moderate Water Open Canoe Leader Assessment
The British Canoeing Moderate Water Open Canoe Leader Assesment (previously 4-star)
A friendly, progressive approach to assessing leaders in moderate water.
Two days on Moderate water working allowing candidates to lead real pupils in the conditions. Candidates are assessed in a professional way with insight for improvement.
Candidates for this course will develop their skills in preparation for the assessment to include:
- Effective and appropriate manoeuvring on class 2 and 3 water along with Open water
- Understanding of a variety of safety and leadership skills for class 2 water.
- Equipment needs and standards
- Rescue skills
- Incident management and 1st aid in a moderate water environment.
- Other general river and Open Water awareness skills and responsibilities.
We only use the most reputable of providers in the UK ensuring you that you will complete this course not only having a good and reputable result but also will have received quality and friendly coaching with an action plan to take you forward.
For more information please see the British Canoeing website: