Advanced Whitewater Safety & Rescue
This intense two day course aims to build on the BCU WWSR course preparing participants for rescue scenarios in more advanced and challenging whitewater environment in a white water kayak.
On the two day course you will build on your awareness of safety, practice some personal survival techniques, and learn effective throwline, boat rescue and live bate techniques.
- Confident grade 3 paddler.
- Confident swimming in canoe clothing in moving water
- Be a minimum of 16 years of age
- Hold WWSR if you want to gain the award.
Due to the nature of the course, good quality canoe clothing is strongly advised, the course costs do not include equipment hire, however, if you need something please get in touch. We can hire drysuits to you.
Below is a kit list that is suggested to bring with you for the weekend. If you do not have everything on the list let us know as we have spares of a lot of things.
• Personal Kayaking clothing, especially footwear suitable for scrambling around banks.
• Throwline – Floating high visibility rope, minimum length 15m, minimum diameter 8mm.
• River Knife – sharp, safely stowed but easily accessible single-handed.
• 2 to 3 Karabiners – Locking HMS pear shaped anodised alloy karabiners.
• An un-knotted 3 – 5m length of climbers tape webbing.
• Buoyancy aid with quick release chest harness.
• 1 Prussic
• 1 Pulley