4 Star Whitewater Open Canoe Training
The four star open canoe training course spends two action packed days on Moderate water working through Leadership procedures and control along with Personal skills and techniques training on class two and three water river and open moderate water.
We only use the most reputable of providers in the UK ensuring you that you will complete this course having received quality and friendly coaching with an action plan to take you forward.
A great course for those wanting to move up the coaching and leadership spectrum or just to learn a bit about safer paddling and group control while improving your skills.
This two day training course prepares the candidate for the 4 star White Water Open Canoe assessment. Incorporating all elements of the assessment syllabus
Candidates for this course will develop their skills in preparation for the assessment to include:
- Effective and appropriate manoeuvring on class 2 and 3 water.
- Understanding of a variety of safety and leadership skills for class 2 water.
- Equipment needs and standards
- Rescue skills
- Incident management and 1st aid in a 4 star environment.
- Other general river awareness skills and responsibilities.